Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Sick of Sick

G has been sick forever. Well more like since last Wednesday. Yesterday I finally took him to the Dr. That puking shit wasn't letting up.
So far it's stress related anxiety. He's a worry wart who expresses it by way of mouth, so to speak.
Unfortunately that means he has a case of erosive esophigitus, due to the constant vomiting. Ulcers next. Oh the fun.

So I've been in touch with his teachers, or rather have been trying to be. It's like dealing with bricks, blond bricks. Well except the one who said to keep him home till he was all better, it was too early in the year for puke. She's kinda funny. I think he's all caught up from his time off.
This morning I e-mailed all his teachers, then managed to snag his "main" teacher out in front of the school. I wanted to let them all know what was going on. His main teacher listened intently then said, "So, he hates school." Yeah lady, that's what this is all about. He's hated school since kindergarten, it hasn't caused puking yet. Yes, a lot of it is self imposed stress from school. Striving to do the best, wanting good grades, new routine, pressure on himself, pressure from home (we've always req. excellent grades), fear of failure, his mothers health, his fathers upcoming surgery.
So I've already warned them that if he doesn't start feeling better I will be pulling him out on and extended ISP. I won't let it effect his health and well being, nor will I let them mainline him from any anti-stress meds. at 11, without trying that first. Home school is still an option. And after looking through his books last night really close, since this might really be an option, pfft. no problem. I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to ready him for high school.
Next on the list of things to do is to find something for him to stress relieve with. I'm going to talk to his favorite teacher and see what he might suggest. Maybe I can get G running after school with him. *Argh* Never mind... bad knee. *shit*


Oh and Bill's pre-op is Friday. Surgery Monday. Changed from the week I took off, to a week I can't gain an ounce of slack in because I already took a week off to be home the first time. Arugh. Who said owning your own business was easy? Oh wait.... NO ONE. LOL

No comments: