Sunday, April 15, 2007

Two does left today. I'm not sure Molly knew I was coming, she seemed surprised to see me. I'm sure Sarah told her since she knew about the kid with the horns. *shrug* I'm left wondering about the hay exchange still. I told her we could work the same deal she made with Sarah but nothing more was said and she went on to say she didn't fit as much hay in the trailer as she thought. I'm thinking at least two does are gone.

We went back and milked and came home. My head was starting to split by then. 3+ gallons of milk today. What am I going to do with all this milk? I need a milk outlet.

Our friends goat Noodles has them SUCKERED. He hurt his front end the other night, jamming his front feet and probably hurting his shoulder or neck in the process. We've been keeping a close eye on him since them. That means I've been out to look at him daily. I might as well own him. Yesterday the owner caught him standing up eating berries on the fence. When she stepped out on the porch he spotted her, dropped to his knees, and started crawling again. Ha! Last night she called to say his stomach was bubbling. I'm sure his rumen was just working and she (since she was sitting in his house with him) heard it for the first time. I am finding I have to be VERY careful what I tell them to do with him because they do it LITERALLY. If I say keep an eye on him, they will sit in the yard watching him. I told them to offer him baking soda every day in case his tummy was upset since he was crawling around, I was afraid it might upset the rumen. So since he was just sniffing it then sneezing she gave him some in his bottle of water (which he gets because they were afraid he wasn't drinking enough). Now we know why she could hear his tummy grumble.
Noodles has found a great home for sure. This is the kind of home you hope all your goats find.

No comments: