Thursday, July 19, 2007

Things are moving along nicely at my little summer job . I'm rather amazed really. For such a late start we are cooking right along. 3 day projects are coming together in 1.
Entries close for most things tomorrow. Rabbits don't close for another week. I'm hoping my paperwork and show help is still lined out. I haven't heard from her (hinthint) in a while!
Two employees quit before they ever started. *gasp* That's never happened before. Kids! Sisters even. "We don't want to work during fair." Um HELLO? "Fair job"?
Looks like next years fair date move is really being seriously considered. It was mentioned in the Jr Livestock newsletter, but stipulated that it is very far up in the air. I'm hoping it blows away. Our fair would then conflict with State Fair. Lose entries much?
My goats have been loose the last two times I've gone to milk. This morning it took me so long to clean up the mess, I didn't have time to milk them. How do 4 legged critters with no opposable thumbs, move a milking machine 15', unwind and unplug an extension cord ( that was tied up with a ball bungee), open a latched gate, drag said cord through their pen, and move three garbage cans out of a barn?? How to I know it was them that ransacked the place.... well other than the obvious... I caught them? They also ate two cans of grain, and that goat crack I talked about... gone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's still lined up for paperwork and extra help with the shows. I think? LOL