Monday, June 18, 2007

Look what he did to me

Look at this. Evil spawn of satan. He maimed me. I'm winged. I'm battered and bruised.If you look very closely at the second picture you will see a tiny red dot. THAT is the cause of all this bruising my evil spawn caused. Ok so maybe he's not evil spawn. It was totally an accident. He didn't think about the fact that chicken wire rolls back up like a fucking spring. I was attaching it, he let the end go and it sprang back at me. I deflected it catching a few ends on the back of my hand. I gave him the "you're lucky that wasn't my eyes, what the hell were you thinking" speech. I knew I was bleeding a little. They're TINY wires people. DROPS of blood at the BEST.

So why, please tell me, did I have blood RUNNING off my arm? I sent Gee for gauze and duct tape. Obviously I was going to have to dam the flood. By the time the poor kid (he takes this stuff so personally) got back, there was blood everywhere. I looked a little like I was trying to slaughter myself at the base of a pine tree. The tree had blood all over it, the wire had blood all over, my clothes, I had to pull off my wedding ring because A) the finger was swelling around it and B) it was full of blood! If you again look at that TINY FUCKING HOLE in my finger you will note it's in the white band on my RING finger. Normally that white band is covered by my wedding rings.

So not only did a tiny little wire pierce my skin and nick a vein, it did so, after passing BETWEEN my wedding rings.

Pretty huh? I'm soooo getting mileage out of this one. At least today, the swelling has gone down. It was really pretty before.

Edited to add: I just tried to put my rings back on. Apparently we're still swollen. I can get them on, but they feel tight. Tiny dot? Totally under the diamond in my ring. Freak I tell ya, FREAK.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yowch! I see a pair of kevlar gloves in your future when dealing with wires. :D

Anonymous said...

Get a rope! (Remember that old salsa commercial?) I'll round up a vigilante posse and we'll be right over! Its been way to long since we have extracted our own brand of justice in these parts!

*evil laugh*