Friday, June 22, 2007

Copied directly from JoeFish.
*********************************

Do you know New York City's Watchdog? The poor man is suffering an unimaginable tragedy. Yesterday, Thursday the 22nd, he lost his 5 year-old son in a swimming pool accident.

Avitable has set up a Puppy Monster Memorial Fund to help Dawg with his expenses. I urge you to show your support in this most trying time by making a contribution.

Thank you in advance.


***********************************

I couldn't have said it better. All I can say right now is OMG over and over anyway. I'm just sick for Dawg. I just can't imagine his pain and grief.
He is in my thoughts and prayers. I hope a few dollars will help them cover costs. Every bit helps and I know he would do the same for me, and we've never met, because he's like that. This is a man who sent me a V-day card out of the blue (and every one of the women on our forum, so don't think I'm special or anything). My husband doesn't do that. *grin*

Dawg- If you make it by, which I'm sure you won't and I don't blame you, but you are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sooo very sorry for your loss.
******************************************
This just in! As of 3:25 pm on Sat. $1700 has been raised for the Dawg and his family. I can't tell you how awesome this blog family is. So for everything you have done, even if it is to hug your own child a little tighter while thinking of the Puppy Monster, THANK YOU!
******************************************
Edit again: Tonight (Sunday) at 8:00pm we have raised $2100. I know this will help ease at least the financial burden on this family. The funeral will be Tuesday. So if you have a second on Tuesday, hug your babies and think of the Puppy for a moment.

No comments: